A homeowner can contribute to a successful marketing plan for the sale of their home by working with their real estate agent. It’s a team effort.
- Be prepared to spend some money getting your home ready for sale.
- Price it right. When it comes to selling your home successfully, setting the right asking price from the get-go is one of the key factors to your success.
- Cooperate with your Realtor. Don’t eliminate any selling tools.
- Keep the home in a state of readiness so you won’t panic before showings.
- Set the stage for a perfect showing. Turn lights on, be sure no odors are present (cooking or pets) and let your agent conduct the tour. Don’t hang around and follow them. Do be available for questions IF your agent asks you to. Your agent may ask you to leave the premises while the prospects are looking at the property.
- Be willing to consider a price reduction. The original price may have been a little too ambitious, interest rates may have gone up or the local economy/market may have changed.
- Finally, be a “reasonable” negotiator. Many homeowners become very emotional about selling the home. Don’t let your judgment be clouded with strong emotions when considering an offer.
(This is taken from a Thomas Ervin real estate column about selling your home. The advice is as good today as it was when it was written more than 20 years ago.)
Experience has taught us to listen and we know how important that is. Let us help you figure it out…..what will work best for you. Let our experience and knowledge work for you. Contact us here to help you find or sell your Lake Martin property.