Interested in which home design trends have the most significant impact and staying power?
Here’s a list from an article by Melissa Tracey (based on a study with architects) published on Realtor.org on March 28, 2016.
1. Smart Homes….. like cell phones, this is being utilized more each year.
2. Healthier Homes….fumes from your carpet/paint?
3. Disaster-proof……safe rooms anyone?
4. Energy efficient….a growing demand across the board.
5. Age-in-place…..so we can delay nursing home needs
6. Kitchens…..seems it will always be the focal point.
7. Outdoor Living spaces….living rooms outside?
8. Office at Home…..almost a necessity now.
9. Smaller but better design.
10. Urban influence….younger adults want to be near the action but want the urban lifestyle….
To read more about these trends, visit Architect Magazine for more in-depth coverage.